|Job Detail||Sign In|
Paraprofessional: W. T. Lewis Elementary School
NOTE: If you "apply" to this listing, you are expressing interest in a Paraprofessional position with the BPSB. Open Paraprofessional Positions will be posted with school location specified. Individuals interested in applying for a Paraprofessional with the BPSB must complete an application through the BPSB Applicant Portal along with required documentation of all hiring criteria completed.
1. At least 20 years of age.
2. Pass Work Steps physical (if hired after August 2007).
3. Possess a high school diploma or equivalency (GED) and having a passing score (450) on the PRAXIS Parapro test, or posses an Associate Degree (Arts, Science ,or Applied Science) or higher or posses 48 college hours that includes 3 hours in English Composition, 6 hours in English/Reading, and 6 hours in Math.
4. Possess a current CPR and First Aid certificate. Must be updated and submitted annually.
5. Participate in initial Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training (NVCIT/CPI and attend refresher training required annually.
REPORTS TO: AdministratorTo include the documents, please complete the paraprofessional resume section of your account.
Para Praxis information www.ets.org/parapro (website to download information)
1. Assists on field trips
2. Assists students in performing activities that have been initiated by the teacher
3. Assists in preparing and distributing materials for students with disabilities (SWDs)
4. Assists with free play activities
5. Assists in reinforcement of learning in small groups or large groups
6. Assists teachers and students with daily routines and activities
7. Assists in health maintenance which may include the administration of routine and/or emergency health procedures as instructed by the school nurse. (This may include tracheotomy care, tube feeding, catheterization, monitoring blood sugar, administering emergency care, diapering, etc.)
8. Assists in the transportation of students (arrival, departure, and movement throughout the day). This includes assisting in the transfer, positioning and lifting of students
9. Assists with feeding and dressing skills and facilitates student’s personal hygiene and health care.
10. Maintains hygienic classroom following universal precautions
11. Assists in developing and maintaining a positive learning environment for all students
12. Maintains the confidentiality of records (inside/outside) the school campus
13. Assists in the implementation of assistive technology to include sensory, low and high tech devices, computer assisted instruction, etc.
14. Reinforces School-Wide Positive Behavior Support; assists with behavior management plans, behavior intervention, monitoring behavior and documenting; and implements NVCIT/CPI techniques of de- escalating and physical restraint when appropriate
15. All paras must attend mandatory training sessions as directed by the school principal and/or parish supervisors of paras. This training includes a yearly update of the following information:
a. Personnel information
c. Medical information
e. Job description review
f. Universal precautions
16. All paras must maintain annual certification and submit documentation by July 30th:
c. First Aid
17. Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Nine (9) months
• Assignment of work sites for Special Education paraprofessionals is based on student population, special student needs, requirements, and specific area of paraprofessional training
• May result in movement at the discretion of Bossier Parish School System
• Start and end times may vary depending on school sites and student needs
EVALUATION: Performance in this position will be evaluated annually.
NOTE: Applications must be received by 3:00 pm on the closing date if indicated
For more detailed instructions, view the Quick User Guide for Applicants.